A Ledger device is a physical wallet or hardware wallet that stores your private keys used to sign transactions. This device offers an extra layer of security as it’s an isolated device from your computer or smartphone.
This guide will walk through using Gitopia on a Ledger Nano S but is similar to set up on the Nano X.
- Download and install Ledger Live on your computer.
- Set up Ledger Live with your Ledger device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger hardware wallet.
- Open Ledger Live and navigate to the Manager tab.
Connect and unlock your Ledger device.
If asked, allow the manager on your device.
Find Cosmos (ATOM) app in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button to install the app on your Ledger device.
- The app installation is confirmed.
- Click on Add Account.
- Open the Cosmos app on your Ledger device.
- In the new window, type an account name and click Add Account.
- Now click Done.
- If you need more help in understanding this step, click on this link.
- Using Ledger to connect to Gitopia is super easy; simply click the Connect Wallet icon on the top right corner of the Gitopia testnet Home page to get started. Then, click on Create New.
- On the resulting page, click on Connect Ledger to start connecting your Ledger to Gitopia.
Next, unlock your Ledger device and open the Cosmos app.
Enter a Wallet Name. Wallet Name is used to uniquely identify a wallet from all the local wallets stored in your browser.
- Click Connect and Verify the address on your Ledger device.
- Once the wallet is created, you need to add some tokens in-order to use Gitopia. You can claim free testnet tokens by clicking the GET TLORE icon on the Gitopia testnet Home Page.